As many of your know cheese is my all-time favorite food. Today I am going to share with you the most indulgent cheese dip recipe ever. It has 3 different flavored layers of different cheese inspired goodness.
This dip incorporates sweet, with savory, with nutty with CHEESE! I can’t wait for you to make it and let me know how it turns out. It’s so versatile that you could bring it to a baby shower or make it for the boys (and girls!) for football Sunday.
- 2 – 8 ounce Packages of Cream Cheese – softened
- 1/3 of a White Onion finely chopped
- 1 Cup – Finely chopped Pecans
- 1 Cup – Mayo
- 8 Ounces Shredded Cheddar
- 1 Bag Fresh Spinach
- Salt & Pepper
- Mango Chutney
This dish is super easy to make, but it’s time consuming because of all the chopping and having to make the three separate layers. My advice is to make this the day before you want to eat it because it needs time to meld together in the fridge. The three layers are as follows: Nuts and Onion Layer, Mango Chutney Layer, Spinach Layer.
Lets Start with the Mango Chutney Layer:
- Put 8 ounces of softened cream cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in 4-6 ounces of Mango Chutney
- Mix until smooth and set aside
The next layer is the Spinach Dip Layer:
- Chop Spinach and add it with juice from 1/2 a lemon, some garlic and salt and pepper to taste to a pan on the stove.
- Over medium-high heated stove top, cook spinach until tender.
- Drain any liquid at the bottom of the pan and pat spinach dry with a paper towel.
- Add 8 ounces cream cheese to the spinach mixture and combine well.
The last layer is the Pecan and Onion Layer:
- Chop the pecans and onions as fine as you can.
- Mix with the shredded cheddar and mayo until the mixture is sticky and coated with mayo.
The next step is to layer the dip. You will need a good container for this. It has to be something that is soft enough to squeeze slightly when you turn the dip over to put in on a plate to serve it. I like to use a clean Cool Whip container for this. Layer the dip in this way.
- Scoop 1/3 of the pecan mixture in the container and press firmly
- Scoop 1/2 of the chutney mixture and layer it on top of the pecan mixture
- Scoop 1/2 of the spinach mixture and layer it on top of the chutney mixture (be very careful because the chutney mixture is quite soft and you don’t want the layers to get smashed together)
- Scoop the next 1/3 of the pecan mixture, then the remaining chutney, then remaining spinach then finish with the remaining pecan mixture.
- Cover with the Cool Whip lid and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.